Time spent at Hillcrest Post Acute can be activity filled and enjoyable for both the resident and their family. Many will enjoy a new found sense of happiness and dignity as they are better prepared to live life to its fullest.
The goal of our non-intrusive group physical therapy sessions is to help people retain or achieve their independence. Individualized treatment programs build muscle strength, stamina, coordination and help reduce future injuries.
- Treatments may include but are not limited to:
- Increased strength and mobility overall with an emphasis in the lower body
- Regain post-stroke resident’s motor controls
- Improving the walking ability after a fracture including balance and coordination
- Improve restricted range of motion issues
- Improve strength and endurance
- Pain management
- Teach injury prevention through proper body mechanics
- Safety and physical injury prevention education
Occupational Therapy focuses on wellness, managing chronic disease, improving function, and supporting independence which helps the resident improve their daily life.
- Independence and dignity Cooking, eating, using bathroom facilities, housekeeping
- Being able to dress themselves and enjoy a level of independence
- Assessments to determine adaptive equipment needed
- Assessment of home living
- Safety counseling and advice to prevent injury
Speech therapy is more than just working with the act of speaking. Our staff is trained in areas of oral motor skills such as swallowing (dysphagia), cognitive communication and orientation such as memory, problem solving and speech.
- Improve the clarity of voice and speech
- Increase comprehension
- Improve verbal expression
- Treat swallowing problems called dysphagia
- Increasing cognitive communication skills
- Education and training for caregivers and family to manage issues with oral motor skills and swallowing